We collaborate with customers to design, develop, prototype, and produce composite solutions to the most challenging and critical aerospace applications. Some examples of our work include drive shafts, cargo floor panels, tail booms, fixed wing fuselage, and horizontal stabilizers.
The focus of these programs has been to replace existing aluminum structures with composite parts. There have been both drop-in replacements and new designs.
We are industry leaders when it comes to Thermoplastic Composites. We are the world-leader of in-situ thermoplastic composite fiber placement.
The benefits of using our cutting-edge in-situ thermoplastic technology include:
- Melt processable (no cure chemistry, no autoclave)
- No toxicity/ hazardous chemical issues
- Exceptional fatigue resistance
- Extreme toughness/damage tolerance
- Superior solvent and chemical resistance
- No refrigeration or out-time considerations
- Great FST (fire, smoke, toxicity) stability
- Hydrolytic stability
- Stable Tg – even under hot/wet conditions
- Low water absorption
- Low coefficient of friction
We work closely with our clients to understand their needs. Whether engineering services, part production, or customized automation equipment, Trelleborg Sealing Solutions will develop a solution that meets your unique needs.