The power train is formed of the tractor’s engine, which generates power and delivers it to the drivetrain.
Engines can have a variety of configurations and sealing solutions are designed to meet the unique requirements of each application. Rotary seals keep oil and grease within the system, while static seals and custom-molded parts prevent ingress of dirt and debris.
Drivetrain components perform a vital function, transferring power from the engine to the wheels. Heavy-duty rotary seals, engineered-molded parts and high-performance static seals, keep the tractor operating efficiently. They prevent contamination by mud, dirt and water, protecting components from abrasion and keeping lubricants inside the system.
Cylinders & Actuators
- Engines: Radial oil seals, Turcon® Varilip® PDR, GAMMA Seal, Turcon® Glyd Ring®, O-Rings, engineered molded parts
- Emission Controls: Wills Rings® C
- Fuel System: O-Rings
- Fan Drives: Engineered PTFE components, Turcon® Variseal® W2
- Front & rear axles: Cassette seals, Orkot® Bearings, Radial oil seals, V-Ring, Mechanical Face Seals, GAMMA Seal, Turcon® Roto L, Turcon® Varilip® PDR
- Clutch: O-Rings, Back-up Ring, Dualseal, Turcon® T-Seal
- Gearbox: Radial oil seals, Engineered PTFE components
- Transmission: Kantseal/square rings, O-Rings, Back-up Ring, Oil Seal, Buffer Ring, Dualseal
Within hydraulic and pneumatic systems, cylinders and actuators play a critical part. It’s important that sealing systems within them help achieve maximum performance, over a long operating cycle without leakage.
- Steering Cylinder and Knuckle Column: Turcon® Glyd Ring® T, Zurcon® Glyd Ring® D, Zurcon® Wynseal, Zurcon® U-Cup RU9, Orkot® Slydring®, Zurcon® Scraper DA22 and DA24, O-Rings, HiMod® Slydring®, Zurcon® Dualseal
- Linear actuator in seeding equipment: Zurcon® Heavy Duty Scraper WAE, Zurcon® Scraper DA 24, Orkot® Slydring®
- Lift actuator on garden tractor: Kantseal/square rings, O-Rings
Learn more about hydraulic cylinder sealing
Valves & Pumps
Pumps are in place to generate flow in hydraulic systems, which is then directed and controlled by valves. The resulting force operates the hydraulic components within the tractor itself, as well as any cylinders on the attachments.
To maximize efficiency for the operator, valves and pumps must operate precisely. External media needs to be excluded and time between planned maintenance extended.
Central Tire Inflation Systems
Central Tire Inflation Systems (CTIS) are integrated pressure control systems that allow operators to inflate or deflate tire pressures directly from the cabin of the tractor, with a touch of a button.
The right pressure, according to machine configuration and application, boosts the performance of tires, increasing traction, reducing slippage and rolling resistance, with consequently higher productivity during daily operation, both in the field and on the road.
The Turcon® Roto L seal is engineered to extend the lifetime of Central Tire Inflation Systems by lowering friction. Uniquely, it only seals when sealing is required. This reduces friction to lower fuel consumption and there by conserves energy. As seal wear only occurs when pressure is activated, seal lifetime is four times longer than a standard seal.
Fitted successfully on a number of CTIS, Turcon® Roto L seal is also at the heart of the Trelleborg Wheel System market-leading CTIS+.
Implements & Attachments
The implements and attachments on tractors enable them to perform a wide range of functions, from mowing fields and lifting or moving material to sowing seeds, spreading fertilizer and digging holes.
Given the proximity these attachments have to the ground, static and mechanical face seals are vital in keeping dirt and contamination out of the system. Linear and rotary seals allow for the smooth and quiet operation of the hydraulic equipment while preventing leakage into the environment.
- Dozer blade, bucket and lifting cylinder: HiMod® and Orkot® Bearings, Zurcon® Dualseal, Zurcon® Buffer Seal LM, Zurcon® U-Cup RU9, Zurcon® L-Cup®, Zurcon® Scraper DA24, Zurcon® Wynseal
- Power take-off (PTO): Mechanical Face Seals, Radial oil seals, Turcon® Varilip® PDR
- Rocker arm shaft: Turcon® Glyd Ring®, Orkot® Bearings, O-Rings, Quad-Ring® seals/X-Rings
- High-demand orbital motor: Turcon® Roto Glyd Ring®, Radial oil seals
- Disc harrow: Mechanical Face Seals