Seal design & function
Trelleborg 103 Glipp is an integrated seal that is cast into the socket during pipe manufacture. The seal can also be used for concrete pipe connections to manholes.
- The elastomeric sealing element is a combined lip and compression seal
- The cast in protective strip of cellular plastic forms part of the mold equipment together with the rubber sealing element. During manufacture, storage, transport and handling the protective strip remains in the pipe socket. It prevents sand, clay, ice or snow entering the sealing area. It is removed before the pipes are assembled
- The compression section absorbs transverse shear load in the joint and prevents concrete to concrete contact
- The retaining elements or anchors are cast into the concrete during pipe manufacture and secure the seal in the correct position
- The slurry lip seals against the pallet preventing ingress during concrete compaction
Trelleborg 103 Integrated Glipp seal meets all relevant European standards. Joint performance is dependent on dimensional accuracy and surface finish of the socket and spigot.
|Pipe DN (mm)||A (mm)||B (mm)||C (mm)|