O-Rings Online !
They all have the humble O-Ring to thank for their successful operation. And they really are everywhere. “As the most common sealing element, we’ve put a lot of time and research into developing materials and manufacturing approaches to produce both specialized and generalpurpose products,” says Bernd Murthum, Product Manager O-Rings for Trelleborg Sealing Solutions.“With the range of options, including housing sizes and ISO specifications, it can take some time to ensure you’re using the correct seal.”
From this thinking, Trelleborg Sealing Solutions saw the opportunity to make the task easier for its customers and developed the O-Ring Calculator web-tool. Now, nearly 20 years on, the tool is on its fifth version. “Our O-Ring Calculator is one of our most popular engineering tools.
We’ve focused on enhancing the usability of the O-Ring Calculator to make it even easier for design engineers to calculate O-Ring dimensions and housing layout for their applications. This latest update will be much appreciated by the tens of thousands of users we have worldwide.” says Bernd.
Try the O-Ring Calculator now:
RECORD BREAKING PERFORMANCE
As a mechanical engineer, I find this app very useful. I use it at least once a week. The layout of the app is very easy to work with and intuitive. A must have app for all engineers and for anyone who works with O-Rings. Thanks Trelleborg for spending the time on this app.
- e tt
Exactly what I needed, which were information for dimensions, chemical properties, and category information. There's even more than that!
- Chinmay Damle
Superb Software – Many, many thanks to Trelleborg for designing such a versatile android app. More over this is free. Great work!
The O-Ring calculator offers engineers and professionals a quick and easy way to calculate O-Ring sizes and housing layouts. Simply insert the installation specifications and it will calculate O-Ring sizes, housing layouts and part numbers, and give results for O-Ring compression and stretch, housing fill and much more. It’s really as easy as that.
Features at a glance:
- ISO Search: Enter the bore or rod/shaft diameter, you will receive an O-Ring recommendation and O-Ring housing calculation according to the recommendations of ISO 3601.
- O-Ring Search: Offers the selection of O-Ring nominal sizes according to the following national/international standards: ISO 3601, JIS B 2401 (Japan) SMS 1586 (Sweden).
- Calculate O-Ring tolerances: according to ISO 3601-1 Class B
- Switch between metric and inch: units while your calculations adjust automatically with your selections.
- New integrated database: allows you to save your projects directly in the tool for easy editing or reviewing at any time. Share your results with your colleagues seamlessly.
- English, German, Chinese and Japanese: language support.
- New linked tools for further guidance:
- e-Catalog: Provides more information regarding specific O-Ring part numbers.
- CAD Search: Download CAD models ofnthe recommended O-Ring.
- E-Learning: Discover how to use the O-Ring Calculator with a guided tutorial.
- Compatibility: See how your preferred O-Ring material interacts in various environments.
- Material Search: Browse Trelleborg’s wide range of materials and see which is best suited to your application.