Protecting the essential
Sustainability in Action
Trelleborg Engineered Coated Fabrics is implementing several sustainability initiatives across its sites and product lines as part of the Group’s wider drive towards carbon neutrality and environmental responsibility.
Focus on: Healthcare & Medical
Every day, patients and employees are exposed to a wide array of chemicals in hospitals and health care facilities, which can have a lasting negative impact on individual health, public health, and the environment.
To make it easier for medical equipment manufacturers to procure sustainable components, and produce safer, greener textiles and furniture for customers and their patients, textile ranges from Trelleborg Engineered Coated Fabrics can comply with sustainable requirements:
- Does not contain: Formaldehyde, PFCs, Plasticizers or PVC
- Increasing use of bio-derived and recycled raw materials used in coated textiles
- Fabrics designed for longer lifetime for reusability and less waste to landfill
As well as sourcing raw materials that have less impact on the environment, Trelleborg Engineered Coated Fabrics is investing in the latest technology to help reduce its carbon footprint:
- All manufacturing sites certified to ISO14001:2015
- Halogen-free flame retardant (Eco-FR) option available in healthcare coated fabrics where flame retardance is required
- On-going energy reduction programs across all manufacturing sites to achieve carbon neutrality by 2035