Advanced composites are an optimum solution for many critical applications in the Healthcare & Medical industry
- Offering ideal strength-to-weight ratios and non-reactive materials, thermoplastic composites are ideal for operations such as production, storage, filtration, and transportation.
- Composite solutions can be used for life changing applications such as imaging equipment and prosthetic limbs.
- Biotechnology and bio-processing continue to advance with the help of composites
- Lightweight thermoplastics have improved chemical handling abilities of researchers
Our fiberglass-reinforced polypropylene composites are manufactured using a fully automated, out-of-autoclave process. Parts can be manufactured in any shape or size desired and are ideal for use in complex chromatography and bioprocessing applications in the Healthcare & Medical industry.
- Lighter and thinner than traditional and unreinforced options
- Available in a range of shapes and sizes, large diameter parts are produced using automated fiber placement (AFP)
- Demonstrate significant mechanical strength, e.g. columns withstand high internal pressure
- Non-reactive materials, high bacterial and chemical resistance commonly found in bioprocessing
- Machinable to tight tolerances
- Consistent inner diameter surface finish
Typical Healthcare & Medical Applications:
Chromatography columns in bioprocessing and manufacturing or other GMP environments.
Materials Specific to Healthcare & Medical:
- Polypropylene with continuous fiber E-glass reinforcement (70% by weight)
- PEEK (polyetheretherketone) with continuous carbon or glass fiber.
Wide range of other Polymers based on application.