At this year’s SIMA show, Trelleborg Wheel Systems will be introducing its newest range of services and innovative tire designs to improve in-field and on-road performances, reduce soil compaction and make the tractor operator’s life easier.
Visitors to the Trelleborg booth will delight in viewing tire solutions and services at the forefront of farming technology:
- Trelleborg’s new VF 800/70R38 TM1000 ProgressiveTraction®, the flagship Trelleborg tractor radial tire enhanced with the highly successful, multi-award winning ProgressiveTraction® technology. With this new tire design additional power is released to the ground, while fuel consumption, emissions and soil compaction are reduced;
- The revolutionary PneuTrac, a game changer innovation, hybrid solution which combines the advantages of both radial and track tires for unbeatable performance, introduced for vineyard and orchard specialized applications;
- The ConnecTire, a smart sensor-based complete wheel solution designed to monitor remotely from mobile devices and/or from the tractor cab the adoption of the optimum tire pressure and temperature, while controlling tire slippage on the rim for better efficiency, productivity and safety of the operations;
- The VIP (Variable Inflation Pressure) system, a smart sensor-based complete wheel solution capable of self-adjusting the tire pressure according to the variable cyclic load of modern harvesters, increasing flotation and significantly reducing soil compaction for higher crop yields;
- The new Trelleborg TLC Plus App, an advanced, sensor-based check-up system which measures potential tire pressure gaps between the optimum pressure and the actual tire inflation pressure and transmits this information via wireless connectivity to the farmer’s mobile device or PC;
- YourTire personalization service, the new online tool which gives customers the opportunity to personalize their new set of Trelleborg radial tractor tires with their name of choice, in just four easy steps.
At the Trelleborg booth, a VF 800/70R38 TM1000 ProgressiveTraction® tire will be personalized with the name ‘Martin’ – a key Trelleborg customer in France – to showcase Trelleborg’s new YourTire online tire personalization service. Visitors will have the chance to interact with the tool and place their order live from the stand.
Lorenzo Ciferri, VP of Marketing and Communications at Trelleborg Wheel Systems explains, “with YourTire, customers simply visit our dedicated www.trelleborg-yourtire.com website, and with four simple clicks they can choose to have their own name on their new Trelleborg radial tractor tires. YourTire is a bit of fun but it also helps customers to brand their businesses and to strengthen partnerships with Trelleborg by demonstrating shared common values: innovation, premium performance, sustainability and customer service.”
As the main interface between machinery and the ground, tires play a critical role in making sure operations are carried out with the highest efficiency, best economy and the least potential damage to soil. “Trelleborg’s upgrade of its flagship tire range TM1000 to ProgressiveTraction® technology reflects the company’s commitment to boosting high-power tractor performance and minimizing the environmental impact of farming operations,” says Ciferri.
“Depending on tire size and tractor ranges, when compared with standard technology, the ProgressiveTraction® showed an increase of up to 10% in traction capacity, 3% lower fuel consumption, and an extended tire life of up to 5%.”
He adds, “customer appreciation and demand for the new tire design keeps exceeding any initial expectation and is encouraging the fast implementation of the new feature on the entire Trelleborg range. The new TM1000 ProgressiveTraction® will gradually upgrade the current TM1000 High Power line in the coming months.”
More power to the ground implies higher stress on the tire. “Even with additional power transmitted to the ground, the new tire carcass withstands and offsets stress on tires. We made the decision to upgrade the tire line to VF regulations, enabling a higher load capacity of up to 40%, when compared to a standard tire, or lower pressure on the field of up to 40%, reducing soil compaction,” says Ciferri.
Another example of excellence in agricultural tires on show at SIMA 2019 is Trelleborg’s PneuTrac, a truly game-changing innovation, which combines the advantages of both radial agricultural tires and tracks, reducing ground pressure considerably and offering unbeatable performance on both steep slopes and muddy terrain with zero downtime. “This is achieved by a unique ‘Omega’ shape to the sidewall which gives the tire incredible flexibility and it produces an extra wide footprint to minimize soil compaction, while simultaneously being capable of sustaining high loads,” reveals Ciferri.
He points out that Trelleborg’s VIP system can significantly reduce soil compaction by ensuring that the right tire pressure is always used at the right time and in the right place. He adds, “by responding to the precise load at any given time, the tire footprint is kept constant with trials showing a 10.5% reduction in soil compaction and a 5% gain in crop yield when compared with a standard wheel.”
ConnecTire is another outstanding example of Trelleborg commitment to smart farming, says Ciferri: “You simply set your target tire pressure and should this value deviate significantly from this, ConnecTire alerts you via its app so you can make adjustments as necessary. It also informs you if it detects tire slippage.”
“Trelleborg’s newest app, TLC Plus – a smart, easy to work with and accurate tool, designed to significantly improve farming efficiency and productivity – is now available on the APP store and Google Play,” says Lorenzo Ciferri.
The new TLC Plus functionalities are built on the existing and well-known Trelleborg Load Calculator App (TLC), which celebrates seven successful years after its pioneering launch in 2011 as the industry’s first load & pressure calculator. Available in 14 languages, the TLC App works with over 5,000 potential machine configurations, registering thousands of downloads, upgrades and premium reviews across five continents.
“We see the usage of the app growing enormously among professional farmers across the globe and today it enjoys one of the largest follower bases of professional farmers, worldwide. This is why we decided to upgrade the app to this new generation of sensor-based tools: TLC Plus (Trelleborg Load Calculator Plus),” explains Ciferri.
“While the standard functionalities of the TLC permit the precise calculation of the appropriate pressure for any application, the new premium functions of TLC Plus check whether the machine fleet is actually set with the optimum tire pressure and recommend adjustments where and when needed.”
Through the TLC Plus KIT, the app is integrated with TMPS sensors – mounted on the tire valves – and a gateway enabling data transmission to mobile devices. Thanks to cloud technology, the tools permit the management of tractor fleets remotely, allowing farmers to assess whether the machines are working with the appropriate pressure from their office. This configuration ensures maximum safety and efficiency for operations on mega-farms and for contractors who operate with large fleets of machines.
The new TLC Plus App will be presented with a live demo at the Trelleborg booth C021, Hall 7, during the SIMA 2019 show.
“Agriculture is changing fast with increasing demands being put on equipment and a growing need for all in the industry to be more mindful in terms of protecting the environment and the natural resources we rely on,” concludes Ciferri. He underscores that the wide range of innovative tire solutions, digital tools and services presented by Trelleborg at the SIMA 2019 show are very much in line with the company’s core objectives of developing leading-edge tire technology to help improve efficiency of use and sustainability in modern farming systems.
Download the pdf document: