Trelleborg has introduced an all-new Twin Forestry tires series, which combines the best attributes of the previous range with innovative performance-enhancing technology. The new design, including ProgressiveTraction™ and inter-lug terraces, delivers the next generation of self-cleaning, track-compatible tires with superior traction for tough forestry applications.
Susanna Hilleskog, Managing Director of Trelleborg Wheel Systems for the Nordic countries, says: “With a combined tradition in forestry and agriculture, Trelleborg can bring together the best from both worlds. Our completely new range draws on all our experience and know-how from forestry and adds award-winning innovations from Trelleborg’s agricultural tires. The result is an enhanced tire range that is ideally suited for the tough demands of forest terrain, providing improvements in traction, resistance properties, stability and accessibility.”
ProgressiveTraction™ was specifically developed to increase tire efficiency and performance based on the action of a double lug. Operating on the soil at different times, the double lug progressively releases higher traction when required. The double lug also provides the tire with better floatation capability, producing even pressure distribution over the extra wide footprint and less impact on the forest floor.
Inter-lug terraces, another proven Trelleborg concept, have been integrated into the new tread design. By preventing the tread from clogging, inter-lug terraces ensure a self-cleaning tire that can always work at maximum efficiency.
The tires, made from a newly developed enhanced rubber compound, have also been redesigned to improve track compatibility, so that maximum grip and maximum performance is achieved with and without tracks.
The new Twin Forestry tire range consists of the T440 and T480 series, complemented by the existing skidder range, T418.
Twin Forestry T440
• Ideal for clay, mud, ice and snow — maximum traction design means there’s nowhere you can’t go
• Unmatchable traction and accessibility in its class
• Exclusive Progressive Traction™ technology for proven better grip and self-cleaning with less impact on forest floor
• New lug design with heavier shoulder, lug heads and transverse edges for an effective track
Twin Forestry T480
• A perfect fit with tracks for exceptional grip
• Transverse grooves and a wide flat tire profile for optimized track usage performance
• Unique tread design with inter-lug terraces for effective self-cleaning and added pulling power
• Large contact area with low ground pressure for less impact on forest floor.
For further information on the new Twin Forestry tire range, visit www.trelleborg.com/it/wheels
Download the PDF document of the press release
"Trelleborg Launches Innovative Forestry Tire Range"