Trelleborg Engineered Systems
Trelleborg Engineered Systems is a leading global supplier of engineered solutions that focuses on the sealing, protection and safety of investments, processes and people in demanding environments.
Net sales 2010: SEK 10,053 M (10 249)
Number of employees at year-end 2010: 6,675 (6,563)
55 (62) production plants in Europe, the US, Australia and Asia
Most of the units are small with 50-150 employees. Five plants have more than 300 employees. The largest plant is located in Clermont-Ferrand (France), with about 618 employees.
The head office is in Trelleborg, Sweden
39 of 55 units hold ISO 14001 certification
- ISO 14001 certification in Spartanburg (US), Morristown (US), Shanghai II (China), Skelmersdale (UK), East Bentleigh (Australia), Tauragé (Lithuania)
- Safety@Work Blue Grading audits were implemented at 26 plants
- Major increase in VOC emissions in Shanghai II (China) due to technical problems with VOC recycling equipment
- Reduced VOC emissions in Houston I (US), Houston II (US) and Cernay (France)
- Reduced energy consumption due to conservation measures in Cernay (France), Randolph (US), Spartanburg (US), Singapore (Singapore) and Houston I (US)
- Reduced water consumption in Lodi Vecchio (Italy), Spartanburg (US) and Singapore (Singapore)
- Improved waste management in Houston I (US), Houston III (US), Ridderkerk (the Netherlands), Spartanburg (US) and Skelmersdale (UK)
- Comprehensive revision of chemical management in pace with implementation of European chemical regulation REACH
- Development of software to facilitate the production of safety date sheets for rubber compounds in Trelleborg I (Sweden).