Our Core Values
In a global Group such as Trelleborg, characterized by individual and cultural diversity, our system of shared values is particularly important. Our core values – customer focus, performance, innovation and responsibility – are long-term commitments, which, when coupled with the business concept, goals and strategies guide us in making decisions and conducting business. The values make Trelleborg unique compared with our competitors.
We are proud to be different.
President and CEO
Trelleborg’s basic values are:
We shall be the solution provider of first choice in our selected markets. All of our decisions are taken with the customer in focus. Working in partnership, we aim to add value for our customers, as well as for Trelleborg.
On a daily basis, we demonstrate Customer Focus by:
- researching and fully understanding our selected markets
- working with customers to build long-term partnerships for mutual benefit
- understanding the impact on our customers of our business decisions
- providing class-leading solutions with excellent service and quality
- delivering on our promises and commitments.
We shall perform better than our competitors.
“Performance” is not only about the results we achieve but how we achieve them.
On a daily basis, we demonstrate Performance by:
- taking individual responsibility for personal objectives and results
- continuously improving our performance and delivering on commitments
- encouraging a culture of continuous improvement in the short as well as medium and long term
- doing what we have decided to do
- setting clear objectives and measuring performance and providing continuous feedback.
We promote an innovative culture and attitude. We think differently and strive to apply innovative thinking and creativity to everything we do. Innovation is a key driver for our growth.
On a daily basis, we demonstrate Innovation by:
- developing innovative solutions to customer problems
- differentiating through creative material, product, process and service developments
- being proactive in initiating change and improvement
- sharing knowledge and experience through teamwork
- continuously challenging and asking “why?”.
We all share responsibility for our company as a whole and for its results. We have a social responsibility and we carefully protect the positive image of our company.
On a daily basis, we demonstrate Responsibility by:
- respecting the culture, custom and rules of the countries in which we operate
- communicating openly and accurately with all stakeholders
- having the courage to express our opinion
- taking personal responsibility for our actions
- performing our duties to the best of our ability and with integrity.