Code of Conduct
At Trelleborg, we work to create added value for our stakeholders without compromising the high standards we set in terms of our environmental and social responsibility.
We support and operate our business in accordance with the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact, the general concepts expressed in the International Labour Organization (ILO) conventions and the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises.
Our Code of Conduct, combined with our rules of corporate governance and our policies, provide the framework for our operations. The Code is applicable to all employees, officers and Board members of the Trelleborg Group, in all markets and at all times.
Trelleborg encourages suppliers, sales agents, consultants and other business partners to adopt the Global Compact principles as well as those in our Code of Conduct.
The Code of Conduct was adopted by the Trelleborg Board of Directors in April 2007.
|Peter Nilsson, President and CEO
||Sören Mellstig, Chairman of the Board|
Every employee will receive a copy of the Code of Conduct and needs to understand and comply with it. The Code of Conduct organizes and summarizes existing Trelleborg policies and should be used as a support tool laying down the principles on which our day-to-day work is based.
More detailed information can be found in the underlying policies. The current version of the Code, as well as all our policies, manuals and recommendations, can always be found on our intranet, T-Talk.
The officer responsible for the Code of Conduct and follow-up procedures is the Senior Vice President, Human Resources. At Group level, Trelleborg conducts training activities and provides information to support the implementation of the Code of Conduct.
It is the duty of Trelleborg managers to include the Code of Conduct in employee training programs.
We have a system accessible to all employees for raising integrity concerns.
Employees can apply the Group’s whistleblower policy if they have reason to suspect that laws, other legal requirements or the Code of Conduct are possibly being violated. Every employee in the Group has the right, without fear of reprisal from anyone, to inform the designated compliance officers of any suspected criminal or seriously improper activity.
The designated compliance officers are the Senior Vice President Human Resources and Senior Vice President Legal Department.
Business at Trelleborg shall be conducted in accordance with the following principles:
- We respect the rights of the individual, act in accordance with fair business, marketing and advertising practices and are committed to continuously developing the safety and quality of our products and processes.
- We respect the rule of law, conduct our business with integrity and honesty and are accountable for our actions.
- We continuously work to reduce the negative impact of our operations on the environment and health.
- We do not engage in illegal operations or operate in the context of illegal activities.
- We do not tolerate the offering, solicitation or acceptance of bribes.
- We are all entitled to alert the designated compliance officers if we witness any violations of laws or of this Code of Conduct.
- Trelleborg listens to its stakeholders and takes their opinions into account with the objective of ensuring the sustainable success of our company.